Perfect Weekend Pairings: Bein’ Green
(A quick PWP review: I’ll choose a theme and create some inter-disciplinary partnerships that are current and most definitely cool. And you’ll have all weekend to digest)
Today’s Topic: Bein’ Green
Hey Mom! It’s March 1! And despite the groundhog’s early spring prediction, I doubt we’ll be seeing much in the way of wildlife these next four weeks. But, rest assured, we’ll get more green than is good for us when ALL the Irish gear appears mid-month.
In the meantime, clue in to these verdant concerns ...
1. These green stylings from Milan Fashion Week. (Via Elle, 2/25).
2. And this peice on (the potential) “greening” of the fashion industry, thanks to Everlane. (Via Vogue 2/21)
3. And this simple rundown of the Green New Deal, an aggressive initiative to make the US emissions net-zero by 2050.
“You can read it for yourself here, but here are the essential elements: It says the entire world needs to get to net-zero emissions by 2050 — meaning as much carbon would have to be absorbed as released into the atmosphere — and the United States must take a “leading role” in achieving that.” (NYTimes)
4. And this “Legalize Green” caveat by Malcolm Gladwell.... Is Marijuana Really As Safe As We Think? (Via New Yorker, 1/14)
5. And, finally, this thorough and fascinating breakdown of the problematic Oscar-winning film, Green Book. (Via The Daily, 2/26)
I’ll let my pal Kermit take us into the weekend with this fave mellow number:
It’s not always easy but, stay cool, mom.
(Cover pic via Elle)