To Hear: 9 Songs for Staying IN.
Confined to the couch/car for much of 2018 on account of babies n such, I made sure I had some good stayin-in soundtracks. I created a ton of playlists and stole a bunch from smart music people too. I shared a few current (released in 2018) faves on SCM and, today, I’m declaring the winners- the songs that moved me, BODY OR SOUL.
Here THE lovers from last year I’m never letting go:
1. Oldie Made Goodie- Moon River, Frank Ocean
2. Comeback- Missing U, Robyn
3. Melancholy Moods- Quiet the Winter Harbor, Mazzy Star
4. Dang Good Country- Space Cowboy, Kacey Musgraves (the entire “Golden Hour” album is tip top tho)
5. Drake- In My Feelings, Drake
6. Just Plain Good- Pristine, Snail Mail (give the album, “Lush,” a listen too)
7. Reminder of Impending Doom- Love It If We Made It, The 1975
8. Jazzy Number- Mantra, Makaya McCraven
9. Minimalist’s Dream Come True- Holding, Tirzah