Back to sCOOL Mom: The 10 Summer Hits You Gotta Know
Objective: Be Cool in School.
So, you’re obvi cool, but when push comes to shove, are you really IN THE KNOW? Like, do you really know what’s what when it comes to what’s cool? This week on Stay Cool, Mom, I’m getting you ready for the carpool, the classroom, the commute, by giving you all the hot tips on the latest in music, art, lit, and beyond.
Today’s Lesson: TOP TRACKS, the trendiest 10 from Summer 2018. The ones the popular moms know by heart.
Click on the link to hear ALL the good ones, then do some research below.
1. Drake, In My Feelings: Cool cause it spawned a summer craze called The Shiggy Dance Challenge. See the OG Shiggy here.
2. Lizzo, Boys: Cool cause it’s all about sexual freedom, the front woman is an obvi badass, and it’s legit funky.
3. Robyn, Missing U: Cool cause... Robyn.
5. Kanye, Ghost Town: Questionably cool cause Kanye’s made some weird choices lately. But the popular moms will probably ask you about it, so it’s best to be prepared with an opinion, such as... “I know I’m not supposed to like Ye (his newest album) but “Ghost Town” and “Wouldn’t Leave” are def making it hard.”
6. It Gets Better (with Time), The Internet: Cool cause it causes compulsory head-bopping.
7. Summertime Magic, Childish Gambino: Cool cause it’s the latest from Donald Glover, who killed it with “This Is America.”
8. I’m the One, DJ Khalid, Justin Bieber, et all: Not sure why this is cool, but it’s catchy fer sure.
9. Nice for What, Drake: Cool cause it samples the coolest, Lauryn Hill.
10. Moon River, Frank Ocean- Cool cause only Frank Ocean can make an oldie sound this brand-spanking new.
Ok, study up, mom. New material all week. Quiz Friday!
Cover photo of Lizzo from Boys video.