The Friday Five: April 6, 2018
Hey mom! I’ve got some wild plans this weekend! More deets below! But first...
1. April is National Poetry Month! To celebrate, the Poetry Foundation is offering the April issue of Poetry Magazine for free! Go here to download. It features a ton of great stuff, including this poem by Eboni Hogan, from the collection BreakBeat Poets Vol 2: Black Girl Magic, which is out this month.
Dang! High five, mom! “You the hottest day in July!”
2. Do you follow Busy Philipps on Instagram? I read this interview. And now I do.
3. Artist CJ Hendry’s MONOCHROME show opened yesterday in Brooklyn. Each room is painted in various shades of one color. The results are pretty stunning. See more pics here.
4. Some slow fashion enthusiasts, like Style Bee and Un-fancy started their annual “Spring 10x10,” 10 items of clothing for 10 days. They’re documenting their choices and resulting looks on Instagram and various blogs. Search #Spring10x10 (on Instagram) to see contributions from these bloggers and moms everywhere!
5. Supersticious people are super interesting. This book details the mysterious practices of some famous creatives, like Pablo Picasso, Frida Kahlo, and Yoko Ono.
I love the illustrations, drawn by author Ellen Weinstein.
Speaking of good luck... I never thought I’d say this but, I’m on my way to Vegas! My guy has a conference there and I needed some sun, so I’m tagging along. Any recs for a huge pregnant lady? Hoping to hang by the pool and sip cold drinks but am willing to venture out small distances for great food. Lemme know what’s good!!
And have a wonderful weekend!
Cover photo is by Architectural Digest of CJ Hendry’s MONOCHROME.