The Friday Five: April 20, 2018
Hi, hello! Here’s me and my 33 week tum tum. I thought I’d share because 1) it’s not going to be around much longer and 2) it’s going to be around SOO much longer... I better get psyched up about it! Cause I’m in it for the long haul now, mom.
1. Speaking of big ole bumps, Leandra Medine (of Man Repeller) just had twins. She’s since commenced with bedecking herself with all sorts of weird/fantastic jewelry. Here’s all the tips for following suit. (Via Refinery 29)
2. I loved this conversation about literature, race, and more between the US poet laureate Tracy K. Smith and National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature, Jacqueline Woodson. Lots of GREAT book recs for kids and adults alike. I’ll have to compile and share! (Via NYTimes)
3. Here’s 50 gifts for homebody moms. (Side thought: All moms are homebodies. Just not necessarily by choice. Our children hold us captive!) Husbands, partners, friends, we need ALL this stuff.
4. Get this! “Maile Pearl Bowlsbey made history in the United States Capitol on Thursday. And she’s only 10 days old.” Her mom, Illinois Senator Tammy Duckworth (the first woman to give birth while in office) sponsored a resolution to allow children on the Senate floor. It passed unanimously! Yahoo! (Via NYTimes)
5. Oh and big time bravo! Kendrick Lamar also made history as the first rapper to win the Pulitzer Prize in music for his 2017 album Damn.
Here’s my fave track to kick off your weekend, mom!! Have a great one!