An Art-Inspired Maternity Capsule
Happy Friday!! Lots of great art events happening in Chicago this weekend, on account of EXPO Chicago. I don't wanna miss the Laura Berger show, which is opening this Friday, at Weinberg/Newton Gallery. For 3 reasons:
1. Her paintings are a dream come true.
2. This show, called Take Care, is an effort on the part of the Metropolitan Chicago Breast Cancer Task Force to bring attention to inequalities in women's healthcare.
3. She's my friend! Lucky me!
My sister, Emily, loves Laura's work too. She wants to decorate her office (she's a rad college professor) with dreamy LB prints like these:
Beautiful, right? You can see more and even shop around for your office here!
And check this: Em's ALREADY decorating her BODY with all things Laura Berger. She's using Laura's paintings as inspiration for her maternity capsule wardrobe (in keeping with the Project 333, 33 items for 3 months). She put together some outfits for channeling LB all fall, with these considerations:
1. COLOR PALETTE: LB's coral, black, tan, pink, light blue, brown, Em added green
2. JAZZY ACCESSORIES: green necklace, floral scarf, and Aztec print sandals (wild shoes that match some LB paintings)
3. COMFORT: She's in her second trimester, so stretchy materials and big shapes were a must.
4. $$$: working with what she already owns, a big time tenet of Project 333.
Here's what she created!
As her tum tum expands, she's thinking she will have to snag these:
1. Flat boots (for swollen feet).
2. Skinny jeans with the full tummy spandex (the only way to go!).
Do you believe this cool mom?!
She's all set for fall (with just 33 pieces!), thanks to Laura Berger and a little lycra.
For more info on the Project 333, go here or check out these 4 Stay Cool, Mom posts:
Have a great weekend!! Enjoy this perfect fall weather!
Cover image: art by Laura Berger and photo by Emily Cramer