6 Affordable Online Shops for Cool Art
I think my sister, Emily, has had enough but I love giving art to my fam as gifts for Xmas, birthdays, etc. Prints are usually the best option (although I've been real into ceramics lately) because they are affordable and easy to hang.
Today, I've gathered up some of my favorite online spots to buy art prints just in time for the big day. Here goes...
THE BIG TIMERS
1. 20 x 200 is a large operation that has limited edition prints in various sizes. This site lets you search by category, color, and artist.
2. Papirmass is a subscription service ($8 a month for 12 months) that gives you 1 artist print, 1 greeting card, and 1 artist interview each month.
3. Sonnenzimmer are Chicago print-makers with a large online shop of mostly abstract work.
4. Laura Berger is a Chicago-based painter who sells prints of her work for great prices.
5. We Are Out of Office has a unique selection of risograph prints featuring Japanese products. They are based in the Netherlands.
6. Church of Type (formerly Yee-Haw Industries) is based in Santa Monica, CA. They have a large selection of letterpress work that is designed to mimic vintage concert posters.