Work Capsule: Check-in!
Hey there, mom! How's it going dressing for work? I'm trying hard to stick with my 6-item work capsule. How about you? Are you trying out a work uniform or what?
6 items for 3 months, starting September 1, ending Dec 1- so, we're halfway there! Unlimited accessories.
Here's the 6-piece wardrobe I've been working with:
TOPS: Gray v-neck, Black v-neck, Striped crew-neck
BOTTOMS: Skinny blue jeans, skinny black jeans, Denim skirt
Moments of truth:
1. I never ONCE wore the denim skirt, so I subbed my mom jeans.
2. I added a white t-shirt, so, really it's 7 items. I think this is ok?
3. I thought I'd be good at documenting this for you, mom but turns out...
a) I don't enjoy having my picture taken in the early morning, or really any time
b) I'm always running late (so the pics didn't happen)
Here's what I got:
1. I feel like myself every day. No outfit regrets.
2. My 6-items are simple enough that I can wear any accessory and feel like it "goes."
3. Good shoes are key. These Everlane street shoes are stylin' but also comfy.
I realize that my art teacher wardrobe (v casual and cheap) doesn't apply to most, so my friend, Megan, has graciously agreed to share her big-time lawyer work uniform in a few weeks! Stay tuned!
p.s. In case you missed these posts about capsule wardrobes- Quick! get in the know!!
I'd love to hear about your work wardrobe! Please share struggles and successes!
And have a great weekend!